Gardening Tips For New Gardeners
Sometimes, we have an unused land beside or behind our house. Rather than unused, you can start using that land for gardening. As a new gardener, you don’t know well what you should do. So, here are some effective tips for new gardeners that will help you a lot.
1. Start small, scale up. If you are new to gardening, it’s better if you start from a small scale gardening. Sometimes, a small but well-tended garden can produce more than a large but poorly-tended garden. A small scale garden will cost you less money, so you can avoid losing big money if you give up and decided to quit gardening in the middle. If you’re more experienced in gardening, then you can scale up your garden.
2. Plant what you eat. Since new gardeners better start from a small scale garden, you should grow what you eat first. You can focus on growing vegetables or fruits that your family usually eats. For example, you can grow tomatoes. Fresh tomatoes from your own garden are better than the one you buy from supermarket right?
3. Nutrient rich environment matters. Every plant needs an environment with rich nutrient to grow healthy and produce maximum yield. You can mix soil with compost or peat moss to be used as growing medium for your plants. If you can’t mix it yourself, you can get it from the gardening center near you home.
4. Get the seed from a good source. You have to get the seed that you will use from a good company that provides high-quality seed. A high-quality seed usually has a certification. A healthy seed will produce a healthy plant.
5. Organic is the best. Using organic materials for your plants is much better than using chemical materials. It will make your plants grow healthier. Seeds produced by your plants are also healthier. You can use those seeds for your next planting.
6. Water and the sun. The different plant needs a different amount of water, so you have to know the water requirement to a specific plant. Shortage of watering can kill your plants as well as overwatering because overwatering causing rot to the plant’s root. Apart from that, each plant also requires a different amount of sunlight. There are plants that require sunlight fully and plants that will grow better under shade. You can get the information about the requirement of each plant by searching it online or ask someone who fully know about the matter.
7. Give proper space. Each plant requires specific space to grow. Space will determine the growth of the plant as it will affect the water and nutrient absorption and also the capture of the sunlight by the plant.
Those are some tips for new gardeners to create a successful garden.