How to Prepare Your Concrete Patio before Painting It
Concrete is a long-lasting material for a patio. A concrete patio has not only durable benefits but also can add value to any houses. Some people like to decorate their concrete patio by making some improvements. A concrete patio improvement is possible to do as long as the owner has the knowledge of making a patio improvement in the right way. If you are planning to make some improvements for your concrete patio, there is a simple way to make it fast. The simple way to decorate your concrete patio is painting your concrete patio. You may be experienced in the painting process of the concrete patio as it has a similar method like painting other stuff. However, there is an important thing to do before painting your concrete patio. You cannot ignore the important thing like making preparation before the painting process of it. These are the ideas of how to prepare your concrete patio before painting it.
- Test the moisture content of the concrete by tape down some aluminum foils or thick plastics to all four sides.
- Clear the surface from any furniture to make sure that you can reach each side of the concrete while you are painting.
- Repair the concrete cracks with masonry crack filler.
- Remove moss, roots, and vines.
- Clean the concrete surface with some products like trisodium phosphate (TSP), muriatic acid, or phosphoric acid.
- Flush the concrete surface with a power washer to wash away excess debris, old paint, and efflorescence.
In conclusion, the simplest way to improve your concrete patio is painting your concrete with the right color. You need to understand some preparation before painting your concrete patio to reach the satisfying results. Follow these steps as a recommendation for your painting preparation. After following these steps, now you are ready to paint your concrete patio by yourself. If you are facing any confusions take some advice from the professional or the experienced person in the home improvements will help you to decide anything that you should do.